The air is crisp. Football is on the television. Chili is in the crockpot. Fall (even though it feels like winter some morning) is here. Despite all the opportunities for cozy moments and a busy schedule of fall festivals, holiday parties, and family gatherings, we declare November – MOVEmber!
You may have heard of Movember, the men’s health awareness initiative that encourages participants to grow facial hair for the month.That is an admirable cause and we want to add more to the month. Show off that facial hair by celebrating our MOVEmber challenge – to get 15 minutes of movement each day in November. Not sure where to begin…here are some suggestions to get moving!
- Walk with your pups – you know they love a good walk with their human.
- Download a podcast on Spotify and walk around your backyard.
- Bundle for a walk to your local coffee shop.
- Train for a local race using the Couch to 5k Running Program.
- Hop on your bike and pedal to the mailbox.
- Stretch it out in the kitchen while you wait for your morning oatmeal to heat up! Link here.
This isn’t a competition, but most importantly, adding some movement into your day can help with your physical and mental health. Will you join us to MOVE this November?
See you out there, readers.
Here’s to a healthier and happier you!